About SureStart Ards
Surestart is a government programme which aims to give children the best possible start in life so that they flourish and are able to reach their full potential when they begin school. We provide a range of services to expectant parents and those with children aged 0-3 years.
Surestart Ards covers the Ards Peninsula area and the Scrabo & Central Wards in Newtownards. You can check whether you live within the Surestart area, by typing your postcode into the box on the Home page.
All Surestart services are free of charge and we offer a free creche alongside most of our services also.
Surestart Ards offers:
- Drop in services that you and your child can attend together – booking is not required, just come along! All services on the calendar marked with (DI) operate on a ‘drop in’ basis.
- Course and Programmes – we operate a waiting list system for most of our courses so you will need to register your interest and we will contact you when it is your turn to attend. A free onsite creche is provided for children aged 0-3.
- Specialist support – we can provide support within the home for any family needing this, for example Speech & Language, Behaviour Support, Breastfeeding or just supporting a family through a difficult period. For further information please see the relevant section.
- Free Home Safety Assessments and provision of home safety equipment.
- Breastfeeding Equipment Loan Scheme.
The help and support I have been given from SureStart has been amazing. Myself and my 2 girls have been so lucky to have got this. Without all of you my girls would not be the outgoing little girls they are today. J (Ballywalter).
SureStart Ards offer a wide range of programmes and services to offer help to famlies living within the SureStart Catchment area.
Don’t see your local area here? Please contact the SureStart office on 028 9181 9722 for more information.
MEET THE TEAM
The Surestart Ards staff team includes Health Visitors, Speech & Language Therapist, Family Support team and Early Years team so we have expertise on most areas of your child’s development.
To use our services you must register with SureStart. For further information please complete the form via the button below. Someone from the team will contact you to arrange a ‘Welcome Visit’ and complete the registration process.